Invisalign for Teenagers – No Train Tracks
If your teenager is worried about crooked teeth but is also reluctant to get braces, you might want to consider looking into the Invisalign orthodontic treatment. With teenagers often being self-conscious about their looks, they can put up quite a fight against wearing “train track” braces for a year or more.
While on the one hand, they want a straight and perfect smile, they probably don’t want to go through the pain or experience of wearing braces.
This can make things tricky for parents who want their child’s teeth and jaws to be in the best position for good dental health for life. Invisalign can straighten your smile without unsightly metal braces, and can even be removed for special occasions like school formals or 18 th birthday parties.
If you are the parent of a teenager who requires braces, this article will help you determine if Invisalign for your teen is a good option.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners that work like clear braces worn over the teeth. Your teenager will get all the benefits of braces without the pain or metal mouth nicknames.
Throughout the Invisalign treatment, your child will change their plastic aligners every two weeks. Their teeth will continually move into a straighter position until they have a more beautiful smile.
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
The average duration of Invisalign treatment is about one year, but it can vary from patient to patient depending on their existing teeth and jaw positions and how far the teeth will need to move.
Your child will need to visit their orthodontist every 6 to 8 weeks for regular adjustments and to check on their progress.
Why Choose Invisalign over Traditional Braces?
The benefits of choosing Invisalign to straighten your teenager’s teeth include:
- An almost invisible treatment solution – teenagers will feel comfortable smiling and talking, even when wearing their aligners
- Less pain than traditional braces, which have been known to cause more pain and irritation to the mouth than Invisalign
- Invisalign aligners are removable, allowing you to remove them when eating certain types of food that can be more difficult to eat, as well as to brush, floss and for special occasions
- Fewer orthodontist visits, as opposed to the more frequent 3-4 weeks between visits for traditional braces
- Invisalign uses 3D imaging technology to map out your treatment. This allows parents and children to see a simulation showing how the teeth will look after a few months of treatment
Does Invisalign sound like the perfect solution and compromise for your teenager? At Tony Weir Orthodontics , we are a platinum level Invisalign partner, allowing us to provide your teenage son or daughter with the highest quality orthodontic treatment in Brisbane.